Is Fighting A Traffic Ticket Worth The Cost Of Hiring An Attorney?
It’s important to understand the difference between price and cost. Price is a one-time thing, cost is a lifetime thing. The price of hiring a traffic ticket attorney is higher upfront than just paying your ticket. The cost of not hiring a traffic ticket attorney is significantly higher down the road. The average cost of car insurance in Washington State is $884 according to insurance.com. If we consider that a single speeding ticket for traveling 1 to 15 miles per hour over will raise your rates by roughly 20% and will stay on your record for three years. Then take the average cost of $884 and multiply that by 0.2 with a 20% increase for an average increase of $177 per year. Then multiply that by the three years it will be on your driving record. This equals $530 of potential payments in increased premiums. After looking at the numbers I would argue the cost of hiring a traffic ticket attorney is worth the increased price of just paying your ticket.
What Should I Be Looking For In A Traffic Ticket Attorney To Handle My Case?
There’s a lot of options out there for attorneys that offer similar services. Six questions that I thought of would be:
- How long have you been fighting traffic tickets? I’ve been fighting traffic tickets going on nine years now I’ve done over 10,000 tickets. The vast majority of my practice is based on traffic infractions. There’s a lot of attorneys that will say they do traffic tickets but it’s not their core competency, they do a lot of other things as well. You want somebody that has a lot of experience in front of the judges because judges treat the technical issues differently. You want an attorney that knows which judge buys what issue; which prosecutor bites on a specific problem. The more experienced your attorney is in fighting traffic tickets, the better served you’re going to be.
- How many traffic tickets have you done? I have fought over 10,000 traffic tickets in my time being a traffic ticket attorney.
- How much do you charge? I think there’s a lot of people that purchase solely on price while others focus on quality. With my office, you’re always going to find somebody cheaper, you’re also going to be able to find somebody that’s more expensive. We’re not the cheapest traffic ticket attorneys out there nor are we the most expensive but we base our price on the value that we believe that we bring to our clients.
- Is there any type of guarantee? No attorney can ever offer you a guarantee on the outcome of your case. However, at Garguile Law, we believe that if we can’t get the job done on your behalf then I don’t deserve to be paid.
- What is the fee agreement? Do this before you spend your money or decide how you want to move forward when hiring an attorney.
- Who will be the attorney who appears in court or fights my case? A lot of the cheaper attorneys out there will use what’s called coverage attorneys. This is because they’re based on volume and bringing in as many cases as possible, as cheaply as possible. They will hire other attorneys to go and fight the case. You might think you’re hiring one attorney but another attorney who has no idea about your situation or anything about you will be the one who’s actually fighting it. You get what you pay for. As the saying goes by nice or buys twice!
For more information on Cost Of Hiring A Traffic Ticket Attorney, a free case evaluation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling 253-201-2001 today.
Call Now For A Free Case Evaluation